The purchase of a cemetery memorial is a simple process for some and for others takes more time; every situation is different. We recommend that this purchase be made with a clear mind and as much time as you need to make the right decision for your family. Here are a few things that may help you understand the process and details involved.
Some things to consider:
- Take your time. It’s our goal to make sure you’re completely satisfied.
- Know your cemetery regulations or let us help you understand them.
- Pre-need selection of a memorial provides the advantage of making a personal choice rather than leaving this responsibility to someone else.
- Buy from a reputable dealer. While on-line shopping is tempting, make sure you understand the process of receiving and installing a memorial on the cemetery. A reputable dealer will handle things from start to finish for you.
- All U.S. Veterans are eligible for a free military marker or emblem through the government. You have options for setting any of the styles offered.
To help us serve you better, we should know:
- If there are special symbols, designs, portraits, etchings, vases, etc. desired;
- If you wish to have the family name, children’s names or a verse on the back of the memorial or the base top;
- If a military marker will be installed for an individual now or in the future;
Over how many grave spaces is this memorial to be placed;
- If names should be placed in a certain order when the memorial is for more than one person;
- Where you heard about Watertown Memorial Co., Inc.
Included in your memorial purchase:
- Granite piece(s);
- Scale drawing of memorial for approval – full-size upon request;
- All sandblast lettering and design on the face of the memorial;
- Standard concrete foundation consisting of 5” border – granite foundation available upon request;
- Delivery and installation of memorial in our standard service area of within 50 miles of Watertown.
Additional charges for options such as:
- Extra foundation whether requested or required by the cemetery;
- Sandblast lettering or design on additional surfaces (back of stone, base);
Custom sandblast designs;
- Hand or laser etchings;
- Vases, portraits, lengthy poems or verses;
- Installation of military markers, plaques or emblem;
- Drilling holes for flag holders or shepherd’s hooks;
- Future death dates or additional lettering requested after memorial is set at cemetery;
- Delivery outside of 50 mile radius of Watertown.
We’re happy to work with you via phone calls, e-mail or even at your home if it would be more convenient for you. Do not hesitate to contact us to ask!